Export thread

Expansion tanks

21Mav

Hi all,
I have a 2021 Bad Boy Maverick 60" w/kawasaki.. ZT3200 hydros... 45hrs, gearing up to replace the hydro fluid. Watched videos online. But here is my dilemma, I do not have expansion tanks. Manual says to fill it up at the fill plug. I want to add tanks so I can keep an eye on the fluid level.... I have all the part numbers to put it together. I just want to verify where the threaded fitting goes into the hydro gear(s). I found a weird looking bolt type deal next to the drain plug wondering if this is where it goes, maybe someone can confirm

21Mav

Here a pic I took of the fill plug and where I think the expansion tank adapter would go

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

That plug you do not remove. The 3/4-18 fill plug is the one you install a new barb fitting in so can connect the tank line to it.

Hi all,
I have a 2021 Bad Boy Maverick 60" w/kawasaki.. ZT3200 hydros... 45hrs, gearing up to replace the hydro fluid. Watched videos online. But here is my dilemma, I do not have expansion tanks. Manual says to fill it up at the fill plug. I want to add tanks so I can keep an eye on the fluid level.... I have all the part numbers to put it together. I just want to verify where the threaded fitting goes into the hydro gear(s). I found a weird looking bolt type deal next to the drain plug wondering if this is where it goes, maybe someone can confirm
Here's the hook up, watch 1st you tube, for your hydros. : https://www.hydro-gear.com/oil/

M

MParr

See if this helps.
The one you have circled is the vent. You will see it in the service manual.

21Mav

That plug you do not remove. The 3/4-18 fill plug is the one you install a new barb fitting in so can connect the tank line to it.
Thank you I appreciate it

21Mav

Here's the hook up, watch 1st you tube, for your hydros. : https://www.hydro-gear.com/oil/
Thanks for the video

21Mav

See if this helps.
The one you have circled is the vent. You will see it in the service manual.
I've downloaded several but this was by far the best one. I didn't realize that goofy one was a vent plug. As StarTech mentioned it's the fill port that I'll be using for the fitting. I'm happy as a pig in poo lol thanks guys

StarTech

StarTech

Now if that is indeed a vent then that where you need to connect the tanks as otherwise you would oil over flowing. I was going by the IPL which doesn't show the vent plug.

I do however recently became a HG service center and definitely got some learning to do but have already ordered those vents per their SB about the new version. I thought it was only in reference to the EZT units.

M

MParr

Now if that is indeed a vent then that where you need to connect the tanks as otherwise you would oil over flowing. I was going by the IPL which doesn't show the vent plug.

I do however recently became a HG service center and definitely got some learning to do but have already ordered those vents per their SB about the new version. I thought it was only in reference to the EZT units.
Look on page 12 of the service manual.

StarTech

StarTech

Hmmm I don't see anything there about these vents.
1686695498125.png
Even if you are refferring to the PDF page, it don't mention a vent valve.
1686695874047.png
Now the HG 55995 vent here is an one way valve allowing air in but nothing out. Actually tested them here and then put the vent back into inventory.So previously said the drain port is where you should attach the hoses apparently. Now the vent is a 9/16-18 thread.

21Mav

Look on page 12 of the service manual.
Yep and here it is blown up. My maverick with the 3200s looks the same... wonder if there's a passage way were there's only air

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

I found my problem here with the manual mine is a 2020 and the newer 2023 SM is different...Updating my files to the newest repair manual. So I can be on the same page guys. Just download the older from HG back in January.

Boy I free like an idiot for not checking if a newer manual was out.

IF we look in the 2023 manual page 28 (PDF page 30) HG explains this new feature. There is an internal expansion tank that was added to some version of these transaxle.

Yep many newer hydros have the "internal Expansion tank" So it requires the 2 barb fitting (So it can vent while filling) in the You Tube I posted from H-G. https://www.hydro-gear.com/oil/

My Scag has them & my fitting is ready & waiting..

StarTech

StarTech

The external expansion tank fitting is BB 024-1200-00 but if you search for 4603-6-6 fitting it is same and is about a third to a quarter of the BB price.

This is the 45 degree one and the HG straight version is PN 71393. Note they do use different size connecting hose barbs.