Exmark Quest won't move

keyser

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 4 year old Exmark Quest, that up until today, has been problem free. I mowed 5 days ago, parked it, no issues. Today, I go to start it and the battery is dead....completely dead, weird as the key was off, and the arms were in park...no idea. So I put it on the charger, battery charges up fine, mower starts and I go to move the levers and ......nothing. They just whine. I then check the drive belt, it's fine, I check the tensioner, it's fine and springs intact. With the mower running, I see the drive belt turning and each fan turning at each transmission. Fluid is at the cold fill mark. I then push in on the rods to move it manually, key on, move the levers to neutral. Normally it makes a whine noise for a second when I do that, but it doesn't this time and I can't move the thing manually either. The only other thing I can add is my hour meter,when I turn the key to on, an "8" flashes briefly next to the hours and disappears. Any ideas?

Last edited:

geelee

Threads
you quest must have the automatic parking brake, the module has had problems with water entry and corrosion. causing battery drain, not start and brakes not disengage. if you pull the plug out of the brake module by the not easy, and see blue looking grease thats your problem. fix is new module and wire harness