Ex mark Hydro questions

Firegoose

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a used Exmark Turf tracer 52 (older model 1998-2000), when buying it I knew it had one wheel that didn't turn at all under hydro power but will roll and move. I need to get this fixed w/out taking to the dealer.

The right side works great and doesn't even leak, the left side is the problem. There is plenty of fluid in the reservoir, all the lines are hooked up. The Left side wheel motor does and has been leaking fluid.

My question is this: Should I replace the wheel motor first and see if that fixes the problem or the Hydraulic pump? On a side note the "free wheel" bolt is all the way in on both pumps.

Does anyone have a cross reference as to what wheel motor fits what, the model # on the current motor is Ross toromotor MF140925AADD, I have seen a lot of similar motors online but they have different numbers.

What type/brand of fluid should I run?

20140222_163447.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok so think about this. You have a known good wheel motor. Why dont you connect it the the failing side. If the known good wheel motor works the the wheel motor is bad. If the wheel motor does not work then the hydro pump is bad.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I need the model number off the ExMark to find the parts for it.