Ever Raise Your Front Mount with a Two Post Lift?

MBDiagMan

Threads
  • / Ever Raise Your Front Mount with a Two Post Lift?
I need to get to my front pillow block to grease it? I have had people tell me they put it on ramps for this. I have a two post lift, but it is not obvious where it would be safe to lift it without doing damage. If I lift it behind the deck, would the deck hang okay once it reaches the end of its downward travel?

Anyone ever done this?

Thanks for your comments and advice.
Larry

BWH

Threads
I'm not sure that lifting the deck will gain you any access to that bearing? I have found a right angle greese zerk pointed forward makes it easy with the foot rest folded up. The PTO zerks can be more challenging for me. The best solution I ever had was on a 1982 1600 Grasshopper I took a flexable greese gun hose and threaded it into the pillow block bearing and remote mounted it to the side of the frame attaching a greese zerk to the end of the hose, that was easy greasing. I did steal the idea from a old John Deere combine that used 10 remote hoses on the corn head.

MBDiagMan

Threads
It's funny how the timing works out sometimes. I came in from the shop and showered before checking the forum.

While in the shop I pulled he driveshaft and found the angled fitting on the front pillow block. I no longer have a need to raise the mower with the lift.

Thanks very much for the response.

Larry