Engine engine won't die

carcrusher123

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda GX620 twin engine. I have a fuel pump running to the engine. When I turn the key to the on position the fuel pump comes on, as I want it to. When I turn the key to the start position the engine starts. This is how I want it to work. The problem is when I turn the key to the off position the engine won't die until all the fuel is used up in the carb. The fuel pump does stop, but for some reason I still have fire to the engine. How can I wire the engine to die as soon as I turn the key to the off position.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Honda GX620 twin engine. I have a fuel pump running to the engine. When I turn the key to the on position the fuel pump comes on, as I want it to. When I turn the key to the start position the engine starts. This is how I want it to work. The problem is when I turn the key to the off position the engine won't die until all the fuel is used up in the carb. The fuel pump does stop, but for some reason I still have fire to the engine. How can I wire the engine to die as soon as I turn the key to the off position.

Are you using the stock control panel and keyswitch? By default, turning the key to OFF will ground the ignition and the engine will stop. Double check all the wires and test the engine switch for proper operation:

gx620combinationswitch_zpseaad2161.jpg

What is the engine installed on? I'd also inspect all the wires to/from the keyswitch.