Engine swap on a DLT 3000

fote03

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a DLT 3000 with a burnt up engine and have been looking for a replacement engine on Craigslist and eBay. I found a Ryobi lawn mower with a 19hp Kohler Courage SV950s with a bad transmission and was wondering if it would fit and bolt up on mine.

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
If its cheep enough- get it. Id mesure the exsisting motor in your tractor and compare it to the replacement motor- bolt pattern might be different as well - wiring also could be different and a new exhaust setup might have to be made .

Id also compare how the engine pulley looks to the original, you want it as close as possible to original.

Depending on differences, it might either be a simple swap or take some figuring /modification to make the new motor fit.

benski

Threads
I have a DLT 3000 with a burnt up engine and have been looking for a replacement engine on Craigslist and eBay. I found a Ryobi lawn mower with a 19hp Kohler Courage SV950s with a bad transmission and was wondering if it would fit and bolt up on mine.

What is your original engine? In addition to what danger posted, output shaft diameter and length also are factors. But for general purposes, OHV engine bolt patterns go with OHV; I believe that flathead engines take some drilling. Check it all out and you should be able to make it work.

fote03

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well it's been a while and I have been crazy busy and not too worry abt fixing he mower since nothing it growing. But I think I found another possible engine replacement.

On my mower
The Model # under the seat is 917.275821.
On the engine housing I found Family # 5BSXS.5012VP 276016

Engine I found on CL, It's a 19hp Briggs & Stratton hopefully I can take a look at it tomorrow.

Any ideas on model #s or family #s that I can cross check. I will not have my old engine on hand when I'm looking at the other engine.

fote03

Forum Newbie
Threads
I talked to the seller and it came off a craftsman mower and he was just holding on to it in case his went out. But now has two mowers so it is ready to get rid of the back up engine. I'm picking it up tomorrow. All it is missing is a starter and the one I have should fit with out a problem.

I'm going to need a new battery what brands do u guys recommend?

fote03

Forum Newbie
Threads
Picked up the replacement engine tonight. It's turns out its a 19hp twin Briggs & Stratton model 42A707 125101 9412145B. It needs new plugs and wires and I need a new battery.