engine problems popping

bebuzz69

Well-Known Member
I have an old snapper rear engine rider that I took off the 8 horse and put on an 11 horse 252707-0633-01
and I have tried two carbs rebuilt, and I can't get rid opf the popping. when I speed it up it pops and when it idles it pops. could it be internal. it starts right up ,idles speeds up, it just pops.
 
I tried adj the main on the bottom of the bowl. when I get it so there is no popping it seems like its running to fast.
 
I tried adj the main on the bottom of the bowl. when I get it so there is no popping it seems like its running to fast.

Can you not back it off a little with the idle screw, if not post up a photo or tell us what carb you have fitted.
 
tried adj the idle and still pops
carb is standered 1 piece
 

Attachments

  • 750672847_tp.jpg
    750672847_tp.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 18
Also check the valves
 

Attachments

  • CARB1.jpg
    CARB1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 6
  • CARB2.jpg
    CARB2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 7
  • CARB3.jpg
    CARB3.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 5
I tried adj the main on the bottom of the bowl. when I get it so there is no popping it seems like its running to fast.

Sounds like the gov linkages are bent or wrong. See how many turns out the bottom screw is when the popping stops. If all was well, the popping would stop and it would run smooth, if it is racing when you richen it up, then you gov setup is the problem.
 
I thought of that to, so I ordered new throtel and gov linkage. should be in tomorrow. I will let you know.
 
Back
Top