Engine Mount Bolt with Clutch Nut Broken Off

sporties

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi
Has anyone else ran into this problem? I was cutting grasss yesterday, and the nut on this bolt fell off, making the bolt jerk around and broke off inside the bottom of the engine. In the lower picture, the one on the right is how it’s supposed to look.902617DF-8605-4690-A7A4-D7892F769874.jpegC3E007B7-D2B8-4E38-A0DE-9FC758BEF6CE.jpeg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Looks to be a JD ZTR.

That anti rotation stud is not mounted in the engine but the frame. Also it is just put in the nylon bushing then into the frame hole. Replace the bushing as it is probably damaged and the nut. Then torque to standard torque value for the thread size used. Current that nut is being replace with a M10 flange nut or at that what I have seen lately of the Z830/925/950 machines.

Also as you see in the second set of pictures the PTO cable is wire tied to the stub to keep out the belt path and not jury rigged as in the first photo.

sporties

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply! I noticed the wires actually need to be repaired, because they hit the belt. I'm going to repair them, and attach them like in the 2nd picture. My friend also found today, that it didn't break off in the engine, because it doesn't screw into it. I ordered a new nut for it today. It costs close to 18.00. The bushing looks fine. I managed to get it out today, by twisting the clutch until it fell out. Then, I had to do the same thing to get it back in place. The nut will come next week some time, and I'll be back in business!

Thanks again!

Mike