Engine is hard to turn over on my 54 inch Raptor after PTO replacement.

Gent

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Engine is hard to turn over on my 54 inch Raptor after PTO replacement.
After replacing my PTO the mower had excessive vibration while running. I used this
The ROP Shop Electric Clutch OEM Replacement for Warner 5217-6 52176 PTO Blade Engagement.

I noticed the pulley was about an inch bigger than the original PTO. How bad have I screwed up?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Don't know but I received a Xtreme PTO clutch earlier this year for an Ariens 34 Zoom that would bind when the retaining was tighten to specs. It was a defective clutch due to internal spacing problem. I also have received one Xtreme crossed PTO that was even close to being right one.

One way to find if this is the problem first try hand turning the engine then loosen the retaining screw and try hand turning the engine again. IF it is free after loosening then the clutch is the problem.

Actually need the model of the mower for proper PTO clutch look-up. But your old clutch should have the Warner part number on it if it is a Warner clutch.

Gent

Forum Newbie
Threads
This was supposed to be the direct replacement for the warner 521776 PTO. thanks for the reply.

Mower King

Threads
If all else is good with the new clutch, a 1" larger circumference clutch pulley can tight the belt beyond spec...check into that also!