Engine dies when parking brake released

Smokin151

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have tested all switches i think i have bypassed the seat switch (jumped it with wire) checked all other switches or jumped, when pto engaged dies too. My unit has a seat delay switch that has a wire from pto to it. Has anyone seen them fail? I've switched relays same result. I have a LHP23KC523. Am i missing something?

gsim

Threads
Check fuses AND fuse holders even for corrosion. Ditto for all wiring harness connectors. Brake lever switch? It may do more than provide on-off connection. May be that one of steering lever switches is bad, and mower thinks one side engaged, other side neutral. I had two PTO issues on my GH 930D. One was bad PTO relay, other time was bad PTO switch. Wish I could think of other things you might try.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
First thing is to hook that seat switch back up and see if it runs. Those switches sometimes have a trick circuit that can't be easily bypassed.

gsim

Threads
First thing is to hook that seat switch back up and see if it runs. Those switches sometimes have a trick circuit that can't be easily bypassed.
Darned right! Some of those things have more than two wires. If so, likely some design to prevent operation without it. If more than two wires, that could be the case.

geelee

Threads
go to parts tree and look up your model, look at electrical schematic and trace it out