Export thread

Engine Bogs Down When I Turn On Blades

Alexzs58

Alexzs58

I have a Dixie Chopped Silver Eagle 2550 and when i turn on the blades the engine loses power and makes a rumbling noise. Everything looks good on the engines filter deck and everything and i just cant find the solution. Any help?

M

mechanic mark

Is underside of deck clean? Have you removed your blades recently for cleaning, inspecting, sharpening, balancing, & reinstalled them per your manual for timing purposes? Have you greased mower & spindles recently? Check engine oil level on dipstick & make sure oil is on full mark before every start. Check air filter for replacement. Remove blower housing, top cover for engine, & clean engine cooling fins by hand, no water, I use a Shop Vac after loosening up dirt, crud, etc. with small tools & brushes. Just a few possibilities I came up with. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

H

hlw49

Is it running on both cylinders. Pull the plug wires off one at a time and see if it dies when you pull one of them off. If it dies on one of them it is not running on the other cylinder.

S

slomo

Remove blower housing, top cover for engine, & clean engine cooling fins by hand, no water, I use a Shop Vac after loosening up dirt, crud, etc. with small tools & brushes.
Love it !!

Compressed air works great too. First tool is great for getting under flywheels and such.

1631953790512.png

1631953837820.png