Echo srm 230

fritz1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello every one Im new to this forum just joined I bought my first echo about 3 years ago manufacture date sep 2011 a PB250 blower and have been happy with it, so recently I mean this weekend I bought an SRM 230, I like how it feels and the ergo I can reach places that were not possible with my now retired craftsman 32 cc and Cub Cadet 25cc such as well under my benches on the lawn

My question is this echo feels rough at idle and vibrates and has a jerky rythem more so than my 2 cycle craftsman and my four cycle Cadet is this normal the only time it smooths out is wide open throttle actually from 1/2 throttle to wide open so what should I expect will it smooth out after brake in?

I have tried two other samples one a a little smoother but the head fell off and i took it back for an exchange, I really like this trimmer and want to keep it so what say yous.

shurguywutt

Threads
Sounds strange. Is it brand new? What type of fuel? How old is the fuel? Correct oil/gas ratio? How many hours on the machine?

Hokie99

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine doesn't have these symptoms. I have owned it about 3 months. The only problem I have had to date was after a bragging session on its merits with my cousin about how easy it starts. I decided to demo the unit for him and after 15 pulls with no start I realized it works better if you slide the off button to the on position. He will never let me live it down! I hope you get her figured out, it is a fine piece of equipment. With that said even the best manufacturers will throw you a lemon every once in awhile. I know of one well maintained Toyota Tacoma that blew sky high at 66k. Not typical but it does happen.