eats belts

stimpie1

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have an ariens zoom 1844 zero turn it keeps eating my deck belt all the pulleys are alined and everything turns easy but i have gone through 3 new stens belts so far this summer and it just ate another one what is going on any suggestions i would hate to trade it it does an excellent job

Skippydiesel

Threads
I would add, to the above, idler spring tension, may be too loose.
Blade impacts and even engine stop/start from high rpm (eg in work, lift bum of seat, engine dies, bum back down, engine suddenly kicks back into life)

stimpie1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would add, to the above, idler spring tension, may be too loose.
Blade impacts and even engine stop/start from high rpm (eg in work, lift bum of seat, engine dies, bum back down, engine suddenly kicks back into life)
i wondered if maybe there is no way to tighten it except to maybe find a shorter spring thankyou for responding

stimpie1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rips and tears causing tails sounds like the belt is rubbing something that is basically cutting the belt. Need to look for shiny areas on the sharp edge of anything that the belt could touch.
thankyou i willcheck that out thanks for your responce

stimpie1

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks to all who have responded i have enjoyedhearing from you alli think maybe i can fix it from your sugguestions