duromax 13000 dual fuel

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
with the 20HP 500cc duromax engine,
he switched it over to propane and now will not idle. runs great full throttle, flip the idle switch and it died after about 3 seconds. will stay running at idle if I apply 1/2 choke.
Ran great on gasoline. no mixture adjustment on carb besides idle RPM.
I have contacted duromax as well

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sound like the spark isn't being cut off when the selector is on the propane side. Propane systems will use engine pulses to open the flow regulator for the gas flow, so if the engine is turning it will allow gas flow into the system to keep it running.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Sound like the spark isn't being cut off when the selector is on the propane side. Propane systems will use engine pulses to open the flow regulator for the gas flow, so if the engine is turning it will allow gas flow into the system to keep it running.
it will stay running if I put it on 1/2 choke, and gasoline is completely cutoff with a inline valve.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
however I do think its not getting enough propane/fuel, because even when warm, press the start button, it won't start on the first try, then the electric choke kicks in and it fires right up and runs good, except for the idle problem.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
owner decided he'd just be happy moving it over to about 1/4 choke for it to idle, and it did idle up fine under load. Oh well........

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Good things come to those who WAIT.
FROM DUROMAX,
Hello Travis,

We apologize for the confusion. The idle control feature is designed for gasoline only operation, and isn't calibrated to work correctly with propane. Please note that the idle control feature will be used to help conserve gasoline while the generator isn't in use at jobsites or campsites, but we wouldn't recommend using this feature with a home due to the increased power variance. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing us.

Best regards,