dura-force trash find project

Plumberroy

Threads
I have thought about removing the self propelled mechanism. It will never see uses that need self propelled drive while I have it. I mow with a Gravely professional 12 Walk behind tractor and a 40 in. kidney deck. Or a troybuilt bronco rider or a Grillo G85D walk behind tractor with a Zanon 28 in deck . I also have a very nice Craftsman self propelled mower. The lawnboy will be used to mow around the garden ,inside an electric fence and a couple of small areas I can't get the big mowers in .

FuzzyDriver

Threads
You have quite the collection of diverse lawn mowers! I have 5 Lawn-Boy push mowers and a John Deere Z335E for mowing the big part of my property.

Plumberroy

Threads
You have quite the collection of diverse lawn mowers! I have 5 Lawn-Boy push mowers and a John Deere Z335E for mowing the big part of my property.
Considering I have about a half acre I think I have it covered . Oh and I forgot the Cub Cadet wheeled string trimmer. In my defense the Gravely professional 12, nicest one I have seen in person was a gift it came with a snow blade. You can't turn down a free Gravely . The troybuilt bronco rider was bought mainly to help out a elderly neighbor. It sees more use rowing tools and supplies around in a trailer than mowing.

1saxman

Threads
Is it a steel-deck 10323 or an aluminum deck 10550? Most likely its a 10323 with drive bail (Variable Speed, same as Toro). What you're looking for is for it to go into 'power-hum' when warmed up and cutting. Also make sure you pull the throttle off of 'Choke' after starting, to the 'Run' or 'rabbit' position. I've seen so many of them smoking heavy with owners who didn't know to just pull the throttle back to the 'Run' position. There is a small adjustment for engine speed , the round knurled wheel at the base of the air vane. You can use this to smooth out the idle and also pick up a few Rs on top. Make sure its got a clean and oiled foam air filter in it.

Plumberroy

Threads
Well I received my brake cable today . It is installed and working. It is now on my usable mower list . It is starting to run good new gas and just using it seems to help