Drive motor issues

Rowalker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 5-year-old Hustler54” Raptor with a Kohler engine. I managed to roll it off a dam and had it upside down in my fish pond. For about a day. Fished it out with my front end loader. Changed Oil and air filter, drained gas, Changed starter solenoid, new battery. Runs great.
Have 2 problems,
#1 not charging Battery now.
#2 and biggest problem, after about 2 hours of very hard cutting the Hyd start giving up, the mower gets to where it Doesn’t want to go and the Hyd gets real noisy. I had drained the reservoir and refilled, it had no water in it initially. But after this issue I decided to drain both Drive motors and change filters. After I did this I used it twice for about 30 min, worked fine. But today I had to use it in some heavy cutting again, after about 2 hrs it started doing the same thing again, Hyd starting giving up and got very noisy. I put the oil from the first change in a clear jug and left it sitting on my workbench for the last 2 weeks and have had no separation of water from the oil, doesn’t appear water was the issue. After it cools it works fine.

clubairth

Threads
I would change the Hydro oil again. It had a pretty rough ride and all bets are off now.