Drive belt on Simplicity Coronet (1692515) slipped off- how to put back on

Meng

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Drive belt on Simplicity Coronet (1692515) slipped off- how to put back on
The drive belt on my Simplicity Coronet hydrostatic drive riding mower recently slipped off when I went over a bump. The belt is still in-tact, and this is the only time the drive belt has slipped off in the 10 years I have owned the mower (it's a 2000 Simplicity Coronet - model/part number 1692515), and I have to put it back on without taking the transmission off. Just trying to learn some tips for how to do that since it's a tight fit in the space where the drive belt is located when connected to the motor/engine pulley, the transmission pulley, and the tensioner (is this also referred to as the 'idler'??) pulley.

So far I have muscled the belt back onto the motor/engine pulley (it was tough getting it to fit between the guard and the pulley channel), wrapped the belt around the transmission pulley, and I'm having trouble putting the belt back into the tensioning pulley due to the guard that's built onto that pulley as well as the fact that a spring is keeping tension on that pulley. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get this belt back on as well as perhaps a diagram of the belt installation so I know I'm putting it on correctly?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Drive belt on Simplicity Coronet (1692515) slipped off- how to put back on
Results Suggestion, replace belt with new Simplicity belt, you'll be glad you did. If you reinstall 10 year belt it will just come off again. Remove deck first & inspect idlers for replacement also, bearings are probably bad. Inspect everything underneath, hardware etc. for being tight and secure. Now is a good time to grease and lube all moving parts with deck off. Page 31 instructions for drive belt replacement, requires removal of transmission & carrier frame.