Double pulley replacement on White Outdoor LT-1650

glen1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Double pulley replacement on White Outdoor LT-1650
Hi new to this forum. I just ordered a replacement double deck pulley for my mower. Ordered the same part # that is in the manual but the new one has a larger pulley at the one end than the other. Original had both pulleys the same size. Now with new belts I have squealing and slipping of the belt in the larger pulley. Any suggestions on how to fix. Wider belt of the same length for the larger pulley??? Thank You in advance for any replies.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lets start with the actual model number starting with 13 and and the mowers serial number since sometime model year can make a difference. Also what part number did you receive.

glen1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lets start with the actual model number starting with 13 and and the mowers serial number since sometime model year can make a difference. Also what part number did you receive.
13A4616G190 SN1E013H10443 PN 756-1202

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That appears to be the correct part number. Should be a double 5 inch pulley. Won't be the first time that I have received the correct part number with the wrong part in the package.

glen1

Forum Newbie
Threads
ILENGINE, it is in fact a 5" pulley, but the one pulley is wider than the other one. Both belts are 1/2", 60" and 67". The belt that rides in the wider pulley now slips causing the squealing and slipping I am assuming. I already threw the original pulley away so I can't compare to the new one, but I believe both of the pulleys on the original were the same. If I replace the belt that rides in the wider pulley with a 5/8" one instead of a 1/2" one, do you think it would help the situation. Thanks for your help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It would help that pulley to grip the belt, but don't know how well it will fit the original pulleys that normally run 1/2 belt.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t want to be a %#(*4&2, but is there a possibility that you installed the pulley upside down?

glen1

Forum Newbie
Threads
It would help that pulley to grip the belt, but don't know how well it will fit the original pulleys that normally run 1/2 belt.
Thanks ILENGINE... I didn't even think of that. You are probably correct about that. I'm glad you mentioned that. I guess I will try to locate a pulley with the 2 pulleys the same and for 1/2" belts.. Hopefully I can find one. Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.

glen1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don’t want to be a %#(*4&2, but is there a possibility that you installed the pulley upside down?
Not quite sure if that would matter, since both belts are 1/2".