Export thread

Does AYP make the Husqvarna ride on mowers?

S

slang

Just wondering who actually assembles these units. Someone told me they used to assemble in their own factory but that was a long time ago.

StarTech

StarTech

Husqvarna brought out American Yard Products so Husqvarna make Husqvarna and supplies parts for the older AYP products.

Here is the list of brands owned by Husqvarna.
  1. American Yard Products (Electrolux)
  2. Diamant Boart
  3. Dixon ZTR
  4. Flymo
  5. Gardena
  6. Husqvarna
  7. Jonsered
  8. Klippo
  9. McCulloch
  10. Poulan
  11. Poulan Pro
  12. Red Max
  13. Weedeater

I

ILENGINE

Husqvarna brought out American Yard Products so Husqvarna make Husqvarna and supplies parts for the older AYP products.

2. Diamant Boart
  3. Dixon ZTR
  4. Flymo
  5. Gardena
  6. Husqvarna
  7. Jonsered
  8. Klippo
  9. McCulloch
  10. Poulan
  11. Poulan Pro
  12. Red Max
  13. Weedeater
And Peerless transaxle was purchased from Tecumseh when they went under

StarTech

StarTech

Which is still a dead product as far as the older units are concern. I don't even waste my time looking parts any more.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Flymo.

Now there is a name i haven't seen in a while.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Flymo.

Now there is a name i haven't seen in a while.
Taryl fixed one up a few weeks ago..
and appears Toro has them back...

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Had one as a kid. Things were dangerous as heck.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Had one as a kid. Things were dangerous as heck.
Can you count to 10 on your toes?

D

Dave in MD

2. Diamant Boart
  3. Dixon ZTR
  4. Flymo
  5. Gardena
  6. Husqvarna
  7. Jonsered
  8. Klippo
  9. McCulloch
  10. Poulan
  11. Poulan Pro
  12. Red Max
  13. Weedeater
Most I knew, and a couple I have never heard of and 2 that I didn't know were related.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Can you count to 10 on your toes?
Just barely

S

slang

Thanks StarTech and others... Just wondered where they were built, for a new top line mower there are a considerable number of assembly issues that I was not expecting. Love the component choices (Kawasaki motor, K66 hydro, and cast iron mandrels, etc)
Didn't know about the Peerless thing though, I have an MTD 990 with deck I was going to restore but I cant get parts for the Peerless 2500 transaxle. I need axle seals and inner bearings. :(

R

Rivets

Just looked up the bearings and seals for a 2500 series tranny. I can find that 99% of the parts are still available through any shop which purchases Tecumseh parts.

S

slang

Just looked up the bearings and seals for a 2500 series tranny. I can find that 99% of the parts are still available through any shop which purchases Tecumseh parts.
Awesome, Thanks Rivets. I was looking on line and could not find anything, there were a few old threads on other forums about the lack of availability since they were sold. Maybe they appear on the dealers end but when ordered there is no availability? I have the service manual for it so I can reference the right part numbers for the dealer. It all started when I was looking for mandrels for the deck which they couldn't find anywhere. The old girl may live again :)
Thanks ;)