Does a Harbor Freight cheaper ($100) mower lift work on a Hustler Raptor 60" mower?

The Chairman

Threads
  • / Does a Harbor Freight cheaper ($100) mower lift work on a Hustler Raptor 60" mower?
I put jackstands under the edge of the mower deck. I never had my farm jack fail me, but I'm not taking that chance. They are mostly out of my way while in position. My Ryobi impact makes short work of the blade bolts, and I do use anti-seize on those threads.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Does a Harbor Freight cheaper ($100) mower lift work on a Hustler Raptor 60" mower?
Many thanks to everyone who replied. Very informative. Looks like the farm jack is the winner. I have a engine crane, but I put pneumatic casters on it which makes it too high to fit under the front end of the mower. For just changing blades, it looks like the farm jack is perfect. I might hook the engine crane to it after I lift it, just for safety purposes and peace of mind. I don't think I can bench press the mower and I really never want to have to find out for sure.
All these different methods to get under a ZTR and my commercial guys change blades every day with no jack or lift. what they do is just get a front wheel just on the trailer ramp and drive up to the ramp to the back edge of the trailer. They can get under and do 2 blades then do the same thing on the other side of the trailer ramp to get the 3rd blade.

Mower Frank

Threads
I purchased the heavier Fischer 750 lb. Heavy Duty ATV/Mower High Lift Jack from HF. It currently sales for $209, however, I saw it on sale and had a coupon. This lift is a monster, it lifts both of our ZT mowers with no problem (Gravely HD 60 and ProTurn 148). Lift also has safety lock pins that work as safety jacks. Easy to maneuver and store.

Tomster

Threads
I have a 54" raptor and the lift from Harbor freight works great for me!

Mr. Mower

Threads
Looks like the 750 lb. Heavy Duty High Lift Jack from HF is a winner for what it specifically is used for. Even the "REVIEWS" on it are good.

If I needed one, this would definitely be the one I'd invest $ in.