Do I need a new carburetor?

abarone300

Threads
Hello everyone, hope you can help. I have an old HT-R 3009 that finally gave out. It no longer starts. After checking for good spark and fuel delivery, I took the carburetor out, done so a few times and removed the fuel bowl each time checked the float to make sure it was'nt stuck and tested it floated fine. But each time I put it back together it didn't resolve the issue. After a few miss starts (it turns over ok) when I removed the spark plug I found the chamber full of gas; I'm sure there is a leak internally (externally the carburetor looks fine, no leaks). Wanted to ask if you think it's time for a new carburetor, they are quite expensive. maybe it would pay to install a carb kit at half the price? Any of you know what's the correct part number is? I was wondering if I would be able to find it somewhere, maybe the carburetor it self. Thanks

ps I've found a couple of sellers on Ebay that have ii, but they're both in the US (I'm in Italy). I find it very difficult ordering from the States, very expensive shipping costs and unreasonable custom fees...

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are two different models of HT-R3009, lucky for you they both take the same carb, part number 16100-ZE8-704. Before ordering a new carb give this a try. Get a new float needle and seat kit, part number 16011-ZA0-931. Remove the carb one more time and disassemble it as far as you feel is possible and are comfortable with. With a can of spray carb cleaner spray and clean everything as best you can. Every hole, nook and cranny you see. Install new needle and seat, reassemble, and install. Test unit. May or may not work, but cheaper than a new carb. Do the cleaning in an open area and make sure to wear eye protection. Any other questions post back.

abarone300

Threads
Thanks for your advice, I will replace the seat and needle and will clean the carburetor with the proper solvent, Although I won't be able to do much disassembly for the exception of the float bowl. Kind of unusual; normally carburetors have at least three sections, not the small ones I guess...I try to be thorough and thought I could disassemble it the first time so I could remove any broken pieces that might have fallen from a broken air filter, but I had to settle with just removing the float bowl.
I will try the above first, if the problem is not resolved I will look in getting a new carburetor
ps I thought the missing plastic piece had been chewed off by a mouse. but then realized this happened on the inside of the filter