Export thread

DIY metal object detecting lawnmower

DuctTape Mechanic

DuctTape Mechanic

Let me know your thoughts on my project. If you like it please consider subscribing

StarTech

StarTech

Just wondering are you the one that duct taped the blade on the walk behind I repaired last year?

DuctTape Mechanic

DuctTape Mechanic

Just wondering are you the one that duct taped the blade on the walk behind I repaired last year?
What?? No I'm new to the forum. I'm a tinkerer thus the name. Check out the video though

StarTech

StarTech

Had to ask. I kknow you are new here but seriously I did someone to just duct tape a blade on. So Dangerous.

R

Rivets

Go idea, but I’ll play the devils advocate. Very narrow sensing area, what happens when the metal is outside 3”? Second, would the $$$ make it out of line for a manufacturer to install, thus pricing it out of practical use. Third, do you think there would be a market for the average homeowner to want as an add on? Again, neat idea, but would it be worth the $$$.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Some of the commercial guys hang a harbor freight sweeper magnet on the front of their push mowers.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Will it work in time with the average person pushing the mower and with the mower running at proper RPM?

DuctTape Mechanic

DuctTape Mechanic

Will it work in time with the average person pushing the mower and with the mower running at proper RPM?
If I use a time programmable relay it will

robertcladner50

robertcladner50

Let me know your thoughts on my project. If you like it please consider subscribing
For more information please visit the companies website here: https://jeepequipment.com/best-jeep-tube-doors-comparison/
Very interesting. Thank you for video(y):)

cpurvis

cpurvis

You need to activate the blade brake at the same time. But that will take more than just electronics.

D

Darryl G

At 3 or 4 mph walking speed I don't see how it would do any good. Besides, if you're mowing at 3 inches you're probably going to clear a small tool like that anyway. Yeah, you'd need an array of sensors covering the whole width of the mower. And what happens when you're mowing a property that has buried metal debris. I have a few of those. It's going to shut off even though it's no threat to the mower.

Develop an optical system that will detect rocks, stumps and other machine killers that protrude above the cutting height of the mower and then you'll have something. :)