Dixie Chopper XF2500 won't start

Litzner

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a old Dixie Chopper XF2500 zero turn that will not start, it motor has been replaced with a Kawasaki FH601V. I didn't do the replacement of the motor, I bought it that way. I have checked the battery and it is good, but I did try to jump it as well. The motor will not turn over at all, it will only produce a solenoid click and upon inspection I believe it to be a wiring issue, but since the motor is not original to the tractor the wiring is kind of a mess.
Here is a loose line that appears to run into the wiring harness that goes to the ignition key.

IMG_1395.jpg

Here are two lines running to the seat safety switch which I am fairly certain has always been wired out to not function.
IMG_1396.jpg

And here are two disconnected lines running to what I assume is a some type of relay mounted on the frame there just above my hand.

IMG_1397.jpg

I did try to just send it connecting different wires but ended up blowing a fuse doing that so I thought I better reach out to some place which may hopefully know what is going on under here. If you need any more information or picture please let me know I and will run out and get it. Anyone have any idea?

Litzner

Forum Newbie
Threads
That loose blue wire should be the starter solenoid trigger wire.
Thank you! That info made me look more closely at the solenoid and there was a little spade hiding on it between the solenoid and the motor. Can’t really even see it with the motor on the tractor, but I was able to feel it out and it starts again!