difficulty w/ adjusting brake/clutch I put it back exactly like previously.

The Brain

Threads
  • / difficulty w/ adjusting brake/clutch I put it back exactly like previously.
the snapper rer was running good a month ago, sorted out a few issues a no start, a valve adjustment.

she starts but when letting clutch out she dies

difficulty w/ adjusting brake/clutch I put it back exactly like previously.

to be honest I don't know what I was adjusting brake or clutch. one pedal 2 functions confuse me.

while in neutral Mine doesn't have park,I think the pedal has to be held in place halfway and the yoke should be parrael to land this adjustment is w/ collects attached to cable.

then pedal is all the way down and locked still in neutrel the adjustment is adding/releaseing tension on the cable under engine. two differnt ways to adjust the single cable is confussing to me.

what I did was when in neutrel brake locked adjusted the clutch so basicelly I ddin't adjust brake w/ collects so brake never got adjusted all I did was effectively adjust clutch incorrectly because the brakes needs to be correct beffore the clutch is adjusted.

am I understanding this procedure as a 2 step, correctly?
thanks

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would recommend downloading your mower and engine manuals.

Also check out a guy named Jim Jackson on Youtube. This guy is amazing with Snappers.

Jim Jackson Youtube link

slomo

The Brain

Threads
yes been watching jim for a while
this is my problem

still dies when letting clutch, even in neutrel.

crossed connected seat wires looped back on it'self still dies thanks

keakar

Threads
check the flap under the rear end that presses on the switch, its on the shifting slide bracket, often they dont quite press it enough and that will prevent starting
you can bend it by hand

The Brain

Threads
check the flap under the rear end that presses on the switch, its on the shifting slide bracket, often they dont quite press it enough and that will prevent starting
you can bend it by hand
thanks for advice forgot to reply . I ended up replaceing the square switch Plus creative wiring to bypass the seat safety switch so I have ignition.

now I'm preparing for a cam swap. thanks again TB