Different motor in a craftsman riding mower.

Bat57

Threads
I got a craftsman riding mower made by MTD, model (247.288841). It is supposed to have a 19.5 B&S engine in it but instead it has a 17.5 B&S engine in it. Model (313707 0126 E1). I have found several (rigged) items on this mower and have been able to correct them. While checking everything out I found that the engine drive pulley is not the correct one for this motor. I noticed the pulley did not go all the way up the shaft as the drive belt was not inside the guides. The pulley looks like it was for the 19.5 B&S engine. I have researched this motor and cannot find any information on what this motor came off of so I cannot look up what the correct engine drive pulley is for this motor. This is the last thing that is keeping this mower from working properly. You can see underneath where the belt is rubbing on the brake bar. Any help with solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
MTD dealer site list a 31P677-3373-G6 as the original engine. According to MTD the correct engine pulley is 756-04196A

It appears according to Briggs that the OEM spec's engine and the engine that is on the mower has the same diameter and length of crankshaft.

Bat57

Threads
MTD dealer site list a 31P677-3373-G6 as the original engine. According to MTD the correct engine pulley is 756-04196A

It appears according to Briggs that the OEM spec's engine and the engine that is on the mower has the same diameter and length of crankshaft.
Thank you very much for that information. I will try that pulley and hopefully i can get this thing working again. I really appreciate the help.

Bat57

Threads

HI again. Just wanted to let you know a neighbor has a 2019 Troy-Bilt made by MTD with same size motor as the original in the one I have. We looked up the drive pulley part number and it was the same as the one you gave me. He kindly pulled his off and let me try it on my motor and it fit perfectly. Thank you again for your help. Just wanted to let you know how it turned out. Thanks

Cusser

Threads
Just wanted to let you know a neighbor has a 2019 Troy-Bilt made by MTD with same size motor as the original in the one I have. We looked up the drive pulley part number and it was the same as the one you gave me. He kindly pulled his off and let me try it on my motor and it fit perfectly. Thank you again for your help. Just wanted to let you know how it turned out.
Great neighbor !!!!

Follow ups are always appreciated, how we all learn.