Deck weight adjustment

Hondoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

I am a new Walker owner and new to the group. FYI: I am a homeowner only, I bought a T27i GHS with 48" deck adjuster, power dump, dethatcher, deluxe seat, seed spreader, and curb hopper.

I am having issues with the cut. It leaves random (meaning every 1-4 passes) of uncut strips about 1-2" wide, which are driving me crazy. I had someone from Walker come out and was told it might be a problem with my grass. But he did say it looked like the deck casters are pushing down on the grass and then not having enough lift to cut the grass correctly. He said he would talk with the manufacturer and let me know. Have not heard from anyone since.

However, it made me think there might be too much weight on the deck casters. The manual says to adjust to 15-25 lbs on the casters. I was not sure if that was each caster or both at the same time. I was told it was each caster, so while the deck is attached to the mower and a scale under both casters, should have a total weight of 30-50lbs.

Was not sure if anyone here has had a similar issue and if the deck weight ever needs to be adjusted?