Deck Spring

DABS

Threads
Does anyone have a picture or know where I can see a picture of the deck spring on 917.288260 Craftsman 42" lawn tractor? It came to me without one and I have ordered one but the diagram Sears puts out doesn't really show where it hooks up. It is part number 88 in the diagram. I believe the left rear deck bracket accommodates one end of the spring but not sure where the long end hooks to??? Anyone have one they can snap a picture of, would be greatly appreciated.

gfp55

Threads
Does anyone have a picture or know where I can see a picture of the deck spring on 917.288260 Craftsman 42" lawn tractor? It came to me without one and I have ordered one but the diagram Sears puts out doesn't really show where it hooks up. It is part number 88 in the diagram. I believe the left rear deck bracket accommodates one end of the spring but not sure where the long end hooks to??? Anyone have one they can snap a picture of, would be greatly appreciated.
301 Moved Permanently I can find the part you are talking about in the picture or the parts list.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'm not familiar with your particular tractor but if the blades engage as the deck is lowered with one long lever on the right side, that spring could possibly hook from the deck rear to a location on the transaxle. If it does and is similar to another brand I repaired for a neighbor once, you'll need to put both feet on the rear somewhere and pull like he!!.

No promises but good luck.

DABS

Threads
I am looking for a PICTURE, not the diagram I already have the doesn't show where the spring goes. A PICTURE would show me where on the deck it goes.

DABS

Threads
LOL...Thanks Senior Citizen.. I think in the diagram this one goes from the rear bracket to someplace forward on the deck. I'm not sure since I got the mower already in pieces. Just hoping someone can snap a picture to show the location it is supposed to be in.