Deck Spring Identification

Poppie51

Threads
Hi, I have a craftsman riding lawnmower that I purchased second hand with the model number 917.275703 listed under the seat. This model shows a mower with a 23 hp engine and a 46” deck however, the mower I have has a 19 hp engine with a 42” deck. The mower has a pto clutch. Recently the blades quit turning. I looked at the deck and the belt is very loose. I noticed a larger spring attached to the bracket on the top rear of the deck. It appears to have attached to the pulley which holds tension on the belt however, the spring had broken and only a short piece of the spring remained connected to the bracket. Since this does not seem to be the original deck I am having a difficult time finding the correct replacement spring. Could someone point me in the right direction to locating the proper diagram or even a part number for the correct spring? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Order Husqvarna PN 532174882
1724004611117.png

1724004942320.png1724004971889.png

Poppie51

Threads
Thanks for responding. My mower doesn’t have the cable going to the spring. I have another craftsman mower which does have the cable. It also has the manual lever to engage the blades however, the mower I am working on has the pto clutch and the belt stays tight all the time. When my spring broke there was a short piece of the spring left connected to a bracket that is welded to the top of the deck, in the same location where the spring with the cable attaches on my other mower. I don’t know for sure but I would guess the coil part of the spring would be 3” to 4” long with a straight wire coming off the end of the coil with the opposite end bent so it can connect to the pulley making the overall length to be about one foot long. Since this does not appear to be the original deck for this mower I am totally lost on how to look up the part or a diagram for this deck. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you take a closer look you will the part I listed above only has a short wire (steel cable). It attaches to item 4 and the spring attaches to carriage bolt holding the moving idler pulley on its bracket.

It is a standard Husqvarna setup for the 42" electric PTO deck on like the Craftsman DYT4000 mower that is sitting my repair yard at the moment.

Poppie51

Threads
If you take a closer look you will the part I listed above only has a short wire (steel cable). It attaches to item 4 and the spring attaches to carriage bolt holding the moving idler pulley on its bracket.

It is a standard Husqvarna setup for the 42" electric PTO deck on like the Craftsman DYT4000 mower that is sitting my repair yard at the moment.

You are correct. I was looking at the diagram on a phone with a small screen plus me getting old and my eye sight isn’t what it use to be made it difficult to see details but taking a closer look this is the spring that I need. Thanks again for the help.