deck spring broken, help with new part (pics)

volguy9595

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thought the new spring would come with the insert on the end for the bolt to screw into but it didn't. Is it possible to remove it from the old one and put it in the new spring? I am having a hard time of it if it is.
fcJxHJE.jpg
QL69uCv.jpg

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
have you tried a vise and socket to see if it will unscrew? How about looked up the part online to see if it is anything special like a cam or something like that? No model and serial number I have no way of looking it up. I tried putting my forehead to the monitor but it didn't know them either and I could not ESP it.

volguy9595

Forum Newbie
Threads
have you tried a vise and socket to see if it will unscrew? How about looked up the part online to see if it is anything special like a cam or something like that? No model and serial number I have no way of looking it up. I tried putting my forehead to the monitor but it didn't know them either and I could not ESP it.
I have tried but it seems to be all one piece as far as I can tell

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I suspect that when trying to remove the insert the turning action causes the spring coils to compress onto the insert making it even more difficult to remove.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I suspect that when trying to remove the insert the turning action causes the spring coils to compress onto the insert making it even more difficult to remove.
Bingo...The old spring has to cut off; although, the spring can be remove in one piece but it very hard to get good hold on it. It is the same I had to do even i was replacing my garage door spring.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
turn it the other way to loosen the spring and pry the head with a small screwdriver between the head and spring. or get the dremel out with a small cut off wheel.

volguy9595

Forum Newbie
Threads
turn it the other way to loosen the spring and pry the head with a small screwdriver between the head and spring. or get the dremel out with a small cut off wheel.
will try when I get home today thanks