Deck lift motor

Globi

Threads
1997 MDD GHS I can’t work out why the deck lift actuator motor will only go in one direction, won’t go down anymore ? While it isn’t needed to do the mowing, it’s a bloody nuisance when the grass handling system clogs up which happens quite a bit when it’s wet and a small stick jams the works at the 90 degree bend exit in the catcher. Happened half a dozen times last time I mowed. I have to lift the deck manually and free the blocked entry point…
The motor has a bi-metallic cut out on the circuit (on the brush holder) for the down position. I have emeried the contacts and bent one contact plate a bit to get more pressure on the bi-metallic plate… When I put the multimeter across the contacts I have zero resistance, BUT it still doesn’t bloody work !!! Had it apart about 8 times… each time I have to wire the brushes back into their slots to be able to put the brush holder back on (I use wire from stripped plastic bag ties) pretty fiddly even though I’m getting better at it. Any suggestions, please?

Globi

Threads
I was barking up the wrong tree: the problem was at the toggle switch: a bad connection at a spade terminal. I didn't realize that the toggle switch reverses the direction of the motor by switching BOTH positive and earth alternatively for up and down.... It's fixed now anyway. We live and learn ?