Mower deck Deck leveling

bmassey

Threads
I have a new Spartan 61” deck. So far it has not been cutting the greatest. I have tried to level the deck. When leveling, is it better to get side to side dead on or is it better to get left side blade when at the front the same as the right? I ask because I cannot get both on at the same time. If I get the side to side dead on, I’m off 1/4” when comparing left blade at front to right blade at front of the deck. I can get the measurement when both blades are at the front close, but then side to side is off 3/16” or so. Thoughts?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
On each side of the mower, make sure the blades are turned front to back. Do one side at the time and one corner at a time. You are probably not going to get it perfect. As long as you are within 1/8”.
Don’t worry about the middle blade.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When I’ve leveled decks I first make sure the tire pressure is what is called for in the manual. Then using the blade tips only I make sure that the side to side is level using the outer tips only. Once done I rotate the non discharge blade 90 degrees, front to back, and set the deck so the back tip is 1/8”-1/4” higher that the front tip. Done. If you try to level individual blades you’ll drive yourself nuts, you level the deck not the blades.