Export thread

Decipher Model and Serial #

M

Manila

Traded a case of beer for a complete no rust Comet RER. Looks to be in excllent shape, but due to setting in a barn I am having carb problems.
Model 3081W
Serial 81058031

I beleive it has been repowered as it now has a Tecumseh 10 hp XL # TVXL220-1572460 2273D

Any info would be much appreciated, I have read other postings in this forum on serial numbers but still have questions

I

ILENGINE

The snapper serial number indicated 1981, the engine serial number could be a 1992 or 2002. The Tecumseh number is in julian date Year and day of year made.

M

Manila

Thanks for the quick reply, I go thru Beecher hauling steel to Ford up on Hwy 30 from KY, If I get up there in the next week or two I will drop mower off for you to get running.

I

ILENGINE

Thanks for the quick reply, I go thru Beecher hauling steel to Ford up on Hwy 30 from KY, If I get up there in the next week or two I will drop mower off for you to get running.

The town is Beecher City, which is 12 miles west of Effingham. There is also a Beecher, which is up toward Chicago. Most people get them confused.