D110 JD w/19 hp Briggs surges constantly

chuckinnc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought it new 5 years ago & never had a problem, now it constantly just surges, tries to die & I guess the govenor brings it back. Thought it wasent getting enough fuel so I bought new, replaced fuel filter, still just surges, it will quit if you push the throttle up till it dies from being on choke, but its very close to choke position. Any other throttle position it just surges

Craftsman Garage

Threads
Take apart the carb and clean it out. Replace seals, float and needle if necessary. As you put the carb on, watch a video or two showing the linkage and replicate it on yours. If the problem persists replace spark plugs. Still no joy then adjust governor. Good luck 👍

Craftsman Garage

Threads
Take apart the carb and clean it out. Replace seals, float and needle if necessary. As you put the carb on, watch a video or two showing the linkage and replicate it on yours. If the problem persists replace spark plugs. Still no joy then adjust governor. Good luck 👍
Also probably adjust valves or throttle cable.

kbowley

Threads
You need to remove the carburetor and clean it well. Did you leave un-stabilized fuel in it during the off season? If it is a Nikki Carb, the type with two screws holding the bowl on, you will need to replace the rubber gasket that sets between the plastic assembly as well as the rubber O-ring at the inside of the fuel inlet. Be careful not to lose the main jet...they can fall out of the plastic body if not careful. If it is a Walbro with a single bolt under the bowl, you have no worries. If you post the model number of the engine and code, I'll be happy to look up which one it most likely has, that info can be found stamped into the top of the valve cover. It should read like; 315777-0237 G5. It may be on a decal on the side of the engine's blower housing in the same format. Don't use the info on the EPA emission decal.

Last edited: