CV740 loses power under load

mark029

Threads
Not sure if it has a tip over switch or not but haven't thought about it possibly being the seat switch either.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have done every test to diagnose a blown head gasket on a Kohler engine. Compression test, cylinder leak down test, crank case vacuum test and none of them show it has a blown head gasket. The place where it blows is between the cylinder and the oil return passage. It is usually such a tiny blow that it might not effect the running of the engine. Best symptom is a black and oiley plug on that cylinder. Oh yes and they can blow outside the cylinder around the exhaust port and will chirp at you on start up and shut down.

mark029

Threads
I have done every test to diagnose a blown head gasket on a Kohler engine. Compression test, cylinder leak down test, crank case vacuum test and none of them show it has a blown head gasket. The place where it blows is between the cylinder and the oil return passage. It is usually such a tiny blow that it might not effect the running of the engine. Best symptom is a black and oiley plug on that cylinder. Oh yes and they can blow outside the cylinder around the exhaust port and will chirp at you on start up and shut down.
Only evidence I saw of it blown was black soot under the exhaust port where the head and block mate up. I just did them both and moved on. One thing that puzzles me is the coil on the left side of the engine. They say to install the coils with the wire terminal up but on that side the plug wire is basically touching the intake as it has to be pulled back out of the way of that. Thought about turning the coil over to see if that helps.