CV682 Command Pro - Low Power, Low Compression, White Smoke

mcewan79

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / CV682 Command Pro - Low Power, Low Compression, White Smoke
Hi All

Was mowing the other day and the mower lost power, Kubota 729 or something like that. CV682 engine. Runs but bogs way down in fast speed or when deck is engaged. I pulled plugs, one side is contributing but not as much (would run normal ish when I removed one plug, would run very sluggish with other removed). Swapped plugs out and no change. Its got spark for sure. The weaker side, compression is lower, around 135 vs. 165 on the other side. No noticeable sound differences like banging or anything. No noticeable leaks, but I haven't removed the cover yet. Some white smoke on start up, which is new.

All of this leads me to believe I've blown a head gasket. But, I'm not the smartest guy in the room, so figure I'd bounce this off y'all to see if there might be anything I"m overlooking, or if I should go ahead and swap head gaskets out? Anything else to check out before tearing into her?

Thanks!
Matt

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / CV682 Command Pro - Low Power, Low Compression, White Smoke
The four post solenoid the 4th spade is usually grounded through the safety switches. Brake and or seat switch.