Repairs Cub Cadet Z Force 48 fraying belts

Jerry323

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use a Cub Cadet Z Force 48 S to move ten rolling to steep acres in western NC. The problem is that I'm loosing a lot of belts to fraying and breaking. I use a higher cut selection and find that the deck drive belt is rubbing against the top of rear corner of the deck surface. All pulley, spindles in good condition, deck level, etc. Have used MTD and Cub Cadet belts. All break within ten hours of mowing.

I'm currently using the mower at a low cut setting to allow clearance between the deck surface and belt, however, There must be a solution to this. Should I consider raising the clutch / engine somehow to decrease the belt angle at high cut selections?

Thanks for the group's help. Picture is attached.

Attachments

• Cub Cadet ZForce S48 Belt Fraying.pdf
    342.2 KB · Views: 19

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A few things I would check. First your idler pulleys, they may look good, but a little bearing wobble will cause big problems. If in doubt replace. Second the V-pulleys for any nicks or scratches. Third the V-pulleys for wear, if the belt is riding to deep, it will heat up and cause the problem. Finally, you must find the cause of the belt contacting the deck, that is not right. Is an arm bent, forgot to install a spacer in the past, spindle running at an angle.