Cub Cadet XT1 48" bagging system sucks.

Nitecapt

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been hung up by support a number of times so I wrote a lengthy letter to them which will follow. They have NOT responded. You would think they would be concerned about a negative posting on a site like this and lawnsite. For now I bag early season and them mulch. The latches on the bagging hood are forever breaking as they are nade of cheap plastic but I will let you read it for yourselves:
I am writing this to a number of you since I am not sure who can take care of my issue.
I have called customer service many times and after working my way through the many phone prompts I get a busy signal, thus I need to resort to discussing my case with you and venting!

I bought my Cub Cadet XT1 on 4/30/2020 and have had NOTHING but poor performance from the bagging system. In fact, Cub sent me replacement parts a while back.

I am a member of a number of websites including Lawnsite.com where I can post my saga but before doing so I want to see what, if anything can be done.

My model number is 17RAEACN010
Serial 1B140H50225

I can tell you that from an engineering perspective, the design of the bagging system is an abomination. The plastic parts fatigue and break. The location where the bagger cover engages with the bagger wall vent assembly, the bagger cover left side wall and the bagger cover itself are essentially non functional because I wind up having to strap the cover down with bungee cords after the attachment points fail. Even the clear viewing port on the top of the bagger cover is loose and the rubber gasket material on the cover is falling off. The mechanism of attaching the sidewalls with plastic pieces is inviting breakage (and it has happened) The chute clogs and thus much of the lawn doesn’t make it to the bagging assembly. I don’t think the blades give enough lift to push the grass up the chute or after some use the chute becomes rough (from picking up leaves?). You can feel the roughness in the chute. The accordion shaped upper hose/chute component seems OK. You need to re-engineer this assembly with metallic attachment points to make it withstand the constant lifting of the hood to remove the bags. (Incidentally I will need to order a couple of bags as I want to have extra.)

I have circled the failed components on the attached PDF file. I no longer have a trailer so I can’t take this mower to my dealer, MVP but I can user replace any part here.

I have a few questions.
Has MTD re-engineered this assembly to actually work?
I am about 8 days out of warranty but I have reported this issue to you before (last year I believe) and you should have a record.
Can you supply me with any improved blades which might increase the thrust from the ground to the bag?
Can you replace for me the parts that have failed (the circled parts on the diagram)?

Finally, you should know that I am very critical about the quality of my lawn cut and I am sensitive about cutting the lawn when it is very dry and not taking more than 1/3 of the blades of grass off, thus, I have been cutting my lawn twice a week for the past few weeks hoping that this problem would not re occur, but alas it has. I am asking you if you would kindly assist me in providing the parts I need to effectuate a repair of the mower as soon as possible as this is the mowing season here on Long Island. I am humbly hoping you can provide me with some help.

Respectfully yours

================================
What really frosts me is tke lack of response. Does anyone know a contact at Cub Cadet that is responsive to customers?

double yellow

Threads
I have heard from CC owners that this has been a problem for years
I need a bagging system for my 42" mower Model 1CS009 also
good luck

Nitecapt

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's poorly engineered and their customer support is useless

double yellow

Threads
what happened to the guy that was interested in the snapper parts?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cubs are not what they used to be.

CubbyCommando

Threads
Are you using the mulching blades? If so, you need to use the "High Lift Blades" with the bagging system. I have a XT2 50" 3-bag system and it works great with the high lift blades. Good luck.