Cub Cadet - steering/drive issue

CRW

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI - I have a Cub Cadet All Rounder (17AH9BKP603) Ride on Mower 2006 with a Kohler CV23S Engine.
Been running fine until last week when cutting around a tree the steering went loose and the wheels stopped driving properly.
Now trying to go forward it will only limp and only when the steering is turned to the right. (Only one wheel drives, other one static) And then in reverse the situation is opposite. Have to turn the other way and only one wheel drives while other one is static.
Fairly new to ride on mowing - What have i broken? Is it worth fixing?
Thanks in advance
CRW

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That mower uses a combination of a steering wheel with steering tires, but also has links that connect to each of the drive hydrostat transmissions. I would suspect that one of the drive rods has become disconnected. You will have to look around under the mower maybe with assistance to determine what has disconnected. What you are looking for will be a rod that goes from the front of the mower and connects to the hydro drive units. There is one for each drive.

CRW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the swift response. At least i know where to start looking now. If the arms need replacing are they expensive? easy to fix?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
From the diagram that I saw, it looks like they may have ball joints on the ends of the rods that could be replaced if needed.

Reactions: CRW