cub cadet ss 470 4 cycle string trimmer - oil got into combustion chamber through breather tube

tomc88

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / cub cadet ss 470 4 cycle string trimmer - oil got into combustion chamber through breather tube
Hello,

I was doing some trimming a few days ago and noticed that there was white smoke coming out of my cub cadet ss 470 each time I started it. I found that what I understand is the "breather tube" had either been cut or dry rotted open and leaked oil into the air filter sponge over the intake and likely leaked oil into the combustion chamber.

The trimmer will no longer start, although I did try to mend the breather tube with duct tape. I've used a spark tester and the spark still seems to be good, the purge bulb fills and primes as expected.

I cannot find where to get the replacement part for the tube, but was also wondering if burning oil in the combustion chamber a few times might have done permanent damage to the trimmer (it was running pretty hot). Any ideas on where I can find the replacement tube or diagnose whether permanent damage has been done?

Thanks,
Tom