Export thread

cub cadet rmc module will not work

A

ACF

have cub cadet xt2 model number 14a7a3ca010 year 2015, mowe runs good and pto engages correctly, but when try to set the rmc to go into reverse to mow it will do that as soon as you go into reverse the pto shuts off. have replaced the reverse switch, changed out ignition module and pto switch, still can not get the indication on module that you can mow in reverse
any suggestions will be taken

thank you
AC

I

ILENGINE

This may sound dumb but do your headlights work. Some of the early versions wouldn't operated unless at least 1 headlight was operational.

A

ACF

they were not plugged in and they do work no change rmc still not working

StarTech

StarTech

IL this model runs the lights all the time while the mower is running as they are connected to the fuel solenoid circuit.

Question for OP when you said you replace the ignition module are you referring the keyswitch RMC module or is the ignition coil? If the RMC module did you do with a new ignition switch or the old one. Also does the switch have no labels on the key positions. If it one with a picture of a mower in reverse it is the wrong switch.
1718662016959.png

I

ILENGINE

IL this model runs the lights all the time while the mower is running as they are connected to the fuel solenoid circuit.

Question for OP when you said you replace the ignition module are you referring the keyswitch RMC module or is the ignition coil? If the RMC module did you do with a new ignition switch or the old one. Also does the switch have no labels on the key positions. If it one with a picture of a mower in reverse it is the wrong switch.
View attachment 68968
The reason I posted what I did was because some versions required the headlights to be functional and if they were burned out or disconnected the RMC wouldn't work. Was changed on later models to operate separately from the headlights.

A

ACF

replaced key switch rmc used new ignition switch which came with unit

StarTech

StarTech

Then about the only thing left is the seat switch or the shorting strip in the seat switch connector.

A

ACF

t

View attachment 68968
he ingition switch in mower module box has a no mower has what looks like lights, also as there any way to bypass this system so mower will cut grass in reverse

StarTech

StarTech

Okay may help clear up things. The two outside switches in the image below will work in the RMC but the center one will not.
1718736345271.png1718736395150.png1718736851377.png

A

ACF

the one in mower now is the first one

StarTech

StarTech

then you have the correct ignition switch for the MTD RMC module.

CubbyCommando

CubbyCommando

Then about the only thing left is the seat switch or the shorting strip in the seat switch connector.
What StarTech said. Additionally, since the mower will cut moving forward and the fact that the red light won't come on when putting into "reverse mode", I'd check the continuity of the wire (with a volt meter) from the reverse switch of the RMC module and the seat switch (red/black wire). There may be a break in that wire or loose connection.