Cub Cadet LTX 1050/Fuse Blowing

CAVVarn06

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know vey very little about small engines, just to preface this post...
I bought a cub cadet Ltx 1050 recently, with a 24 hp kohler courage V twin.
I mowed with it for about an hour, and of course, hit a rock (new construction property, rocky in some areas, hence starting with a bit of an older rider...I know, still risky as hell).
The Pto stopped, some smoke came out of left side of motor (I thought I smelled plastic). I turned the key off quickly and assessed situation...
No power registered anywhere on the dash or otherwise, and I found that the 20A fuse blew....when I replaced fuse and reconnected the pos wire to the battery, it sparked and blew fuse again...so I started to isolate the wiring harnesses (all of the wires looked intact as far as i could see). The first one I disconnected, the wires for motor, the fuse didnt blow and power registered to the dash...problem in the motor...greeeaaat. I thought maybe it was the voltage regulator, bc it looks old, but not completely burnt up or anything. Then I discovered that the flywheel does not move. How screwed am I? I feel like pretty much big time. Would this cause fuse to blow as soon as the battery is connected? Thanks for any feedback.

ProMower

Threads
You may have sheared the PTO wire. Check the pto (under the motor) it will have two wires coming out of it. They could be shorting on something. If the flywheel does not move, the starter gear could be stuck. Try rocking it back and forth with your hands on top.
John

CAVVarn06

Forum Newbie
Threads
You may have sheared the PTO wire. Check the pto (under the motor) it will have two wires coming out of it. They could be shorting on something. If the flywheel does not move, the starter gear could be stuck. Try rocking it back and forth with your hands on top.
John
I checked just about every wire and they look fine...I will set doubke check the PTO wire when I get out of work today. That is normally part of the main motor harness? I thought it wad a seperate harness that checked out ok.

ProMower

Threads
It may not be the PTO, just a guess.
There are other videos about finding a short, I think you will need some Youtube time :) Good luck.