Cub Cadet G1236 Questions...

coach2002

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Cub Cadet Commercial Gear Series G1236 with a 12.5 Briggs & Stratton engine over the weekend (fixed deck 36 inch walk behind). I got a great deal on the unit as it was a demo model. I put a Jungle Wheels on it and so far everything works great. A few areas of my yard are very steep and if I feel uncomfortable I simply disconnect the sulky and keep on mowing. The mower would probably climb a small mountain without hesitating...this unit is built like a tank!

I do have a few questions about adjustments on the mower:

1. The manual has a section about adjusting the control-force between lite, medium, hard. What exactly is that adjustment? I am assuming it will either make the machine stop/turn easier or increase the amount of pressure that has to be applied on the grips to stop/turn.

2. What suggestions does everyone have on tire psi and cutting height? Currently the deck is set to 2 1/8. I did mow the other day after bringing the unit home and the height of the cut appeared to be higher than that, although afterwards I did check the psi and each tire had 28! I consulted the owners manual and dropped it to 12 (have not mowed since dropping the psi). How much of a difference should that make in the cut height?

3. I have not found a lot of info on the Internet about this mower but so far I am impressed. I think it was built and modeled after the Lesco 36 inch WB mower. Why is there not a lot of info in the cyber world about the Cub Cadet Gear Series mowers?