Cub cadet 22-inch String Trimmer line

Just Don

Threads
I go thru so much line, I can put a string in it crank it and a minute be putting another string in it.
Is this usual I use a .155 line?
I'M cutting some big weeds, briars, and blueberry bushes, nothing bigger than pencil size.
Is there a steel line or a blade for this mower?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are the strings breaking off or just pulling out of the trimmer head. Larger weeds, and woody material can play havoc even on larger trimmer lines. Also if your trimmer line is been sitting around for a period of time, may not be a bad idea to soak it is a bucket of water for 24 hours to remoisturize the polymers in the line.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
As IL said woody briars and the blueberry bushes will be problematic to cut with anything than a brush cutter with a saw type blade.

Also it can depend on the type of line used. Not all .155 lines are the same.

Due the design of the spindle shaft on the Husqvarna walk behind trimmer mounting a blade safety is impossible.

Also note you got to ease into the brush and not just not shove the trimmer into them as the line will wrap around the stems and break off as it hangs.

Just Don

Threads
Are the strings breaking off or just pulling out of the trimmer head. Larger weeds, and woody material can play havoc even on larger trimmer lines. Also if your trimmer line is been sitting around for a period of time, may not be a bad idea to soak it is a bucket of water for 24 hours to remoisturize the polymers in the line.
I'd say both, they are brand new strings. Thanks for your reply

Just Don

Threads
As IL said woody briars and the blueberry bushes will be problematic to cut with anything than a brush cutter with a saw type blade.

Also it can depend on the type of line used. Not all .155 lines are the same.

Due the design of the spindle shaft on the Husqvarna walk behind trimmer mounting a blade safety is impossible.

Also note you got to ease into the brush and not just not shove the trimmer into them as the line will wrap around the stems and break off as it hangs.
What is a better 155 line?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a walk behind string trimmer. The best line i have found to hold up is round line. I tried some of the X and star stuff and none of it held up as good as round line.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a walk behind string trimmer. The best line i have found to hold up is round line. I tried some of the X and star stuff and none of it held up as good as round line.
Been my experience also. The multi shape stuff stuff tends to split right to the dividing lines. square splits to 4 pieces, star shape becomes 5 pieces etc.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is a better 155 line?
This is something I can't answer as I only repair these trimmers and have limited use in testing of them. But I have notice that different last different length of times.

Now there is a wire type cable line that is sold for trimmer use. It is only .120" diameter but should work for your application but you will need some bolt cutters or a cable cutter to cut it.

https://www.amazon.com/FUMHEUF-Trim...nylon+steel+trimmer+line,lawngarden,95&sr=1-5

Just Don

Threads
That's interesting, maybe it's something to do with surface area. I'll try that next time.

Just Don

Threads
This is something I can't answer as I only repair these trimmers and have limited use in testing of them. But I have notice that different last different length of times.

Now there is a wire type cable line that is sold for trimmer use. It is only .120" diameter but should work for your application but you will need some bolt cutters or a cable cutter to cut it.

https://www.amazon.com/FUMHEUF-Trimmer-Replacement-Strimmer-Brushcutter/dp/B09V879TJY/ref=sr_1_5?crid=EJXEXTIH7RIB&keywords=Nylon+Steel+Trimmer+Line&qid=1661439482&s=lawn-garden&sprefix=nylon+steel+trimmer+line,lawngarden,95&sr=1-5
I have heard of that but nowadays I do searches and never find what I'm looking for, frustrating. All they want me to buy is another trimmer mower...
I could see where it would be better.