Cub Cadet 1022

bryantsplace1

Threads
I have a Cub Cadet 1022 and it has been running fine except for the last week or so. It started out as having to use the choke pulled out for a little bit and then about half way. Now it will not start at all unless you use starting fluid and then shuts down. I'm thinking the backfire device on carburetor is not opening up. Any help would be most appreciated.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post engine manufacturer, model & serial numbers from engine, thanks, Mark

bryantsplace1

Threads
Sorry for the late posting of this information. I just have been so busy this summer working on other projects. Now that things have started to slow down I plan to work on over the winter months. Hopefully this information helps It is a Briggs and Straton 22 HP engine. Model # 40H777, Type 0171E1, Code 031023YG. Hopefully this helps.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
How many hours on hour meter? When was the last time you adjusted valves with engine cold? Changed oil & filter, spark plugs, air & fuel filters? Greased tractor & deck spindles? etc., etc.? I use Star Tron or B&S Fuel Treatment in 5 gal. gas can & 93 octane gasoline. Preventive Maintenance is a must, I cannot say enough about it.

Last edited: