Creeping Charlie Consuming My Lawn

HusqyDriver

Forum Newbie
Threads
Creeping Charlie has been overtaking my lawn for the last 5 years or so. there are 3 separate areas of it each having around 30 foot radius.

Any sure fire way of destroying this creep?

MowLife

Threads
I’ve used souther trimec with good results not hurting turf. Here in Florida it’s too hot to use this time of year though. If your temps are 85 or below for a few days you can use it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve found that a product called Triplet herbicide, a bit pricey but gets everything but the grass. Might be tough to find.

HusqyDriver

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wonder if you have heard about the herbicide Tenacity, that seems to run around $70 for a 8oz bottle., I've read it suppose to be a highly effective herbicide but risky on the grass.

MowLife

Threads
Most any broad leaf herbicide with 2-4-d as an active ingredient will work. Just have to be cautious on grasses like st. Augustine.

HusqyDriver

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I'll look into these herbicides including Tenacity.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Haven't found anything that actually kills the stuff and leaves the grass but I've controlled it with Scotts Weed and Feed granules in a drop spreader. Have to get up early with heavy dew and put it on, have two or three days of warm dry weather, and hopefully a good rain after that. That viney crap is tough stuff. Tried several different brands and types, usually kills 30% of the weed and 40% of the grass.