Craftsman With A Briggs 25HP V Twin Ran With Low Oil

darrinster

Well-Known Member
Engine Model: 445777-0154-E1 Briggs 25HP I/C Platinum Turbo Cool

Purchased this mower today for $150 as it has a problem with the electric PTO. Starts to turn on but then stops. After checking the engine oil level at home it was barely reading on the stick. Far as I can tell I don't hear any knocks or ticks. Idles and runs smooth. Starts with no issues. It was running for about 10 minutes with the low oil.

I usually buy to re-sell mowers but I wanted to keep this one as it is hydro foot pedal drive.

Mower has 274 hours. I'm wondering if I should keep it or sell it.
 
Engine Model: 445777-0154-E1 Briggs 25HP I/C Platinum Turbo Cool

Purchased this mower today for $150 as it has a problem with the electric PTO. Starts to turn on but then stops. After checking the engine oil level at home it was barely reading on the stick. Far as I can tell I don't hear any knocks or ticks. Idles and runs smooth. Starts with no issues. It was running for about 10 minutes with the low oil.

I usually buy to re-sell mowers but I wanted to keep this one as it is hydro foot pedal drive.

Mower has 274 hours. I'm wondering if I should keep it or sell it.

If you like it, keep it! That's what I do.:smile:
 
Thanks for the replies.

I got the PTO working! lol I tightened the 3 bolts around the PTO a little and it now works.
 
Back
Top