Craftsman trans problem

cambre

Well-Known Member
I posted this a while back with no response. I'll try a different way of explaining what this zero turn does. Cannot find anything in manual because its a sealed trans and suppose to not need maintenance. At low speed I am holding the steering handles steady. The mower bucks. Doesn't do this at high speed. Most of you know what is meant when an engine is hunting. This is similar, except it's in the trans. Trans are full of oil. What could cause this.
 
Your trans requires between 3000 and 3600 rpms to work correctly. You should never operate the mower at less than full throttle. Start mower how ever you need to. Let warm up for a few then full throttle before you do anything else. You will shorten the life of your trans for sure and anything else that is ran directly off the engine.
 
Thanks, that makes sense. I use the mower to walk one of my dogs at low speed. You cured my problem.
 
Back
Top