Craftsman T110 Will Not Move

cuckoochris

Threads
Looking at this for a friend. The mower will not move forward or reverse. I have a feeling it's the actual trans that's bad, but wanted to see what the experts think. All of the belts are on and in good shape. The linkage seems to be ok, I can move the selector and watch the piston move in and out on the trans. The strange thing is the mower rolls very easily in forward or reverse (not running), like the roll release is engaged on a hydro trans. Maybe this is normal for a non hydro. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230530_160350299.jpg
    PXL_20230530_160350299.jpg
    935.1 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20230530_160400333.jpg
    PXL_20230530_160400333.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 3

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lets start by starting the engine and put the tranny in N move the speed selector to 6 and let the brake/clutch out. Then push the brake down, move the speed selector to 1 or 2 and put the direction selector in either F or R and see if it will move.

cuckoochris

Threads
Lets start by starting the engine and put the tranny in N move the speed selector to 6 and let the brake/clutch out. Then push the brake down, move the speed selector to 1 or 2 and put the direction selector in either F or R and see if it will move.
Thanks, I tried it several time but still nothing. Here's a text from my friend where he describes what happened. Maybe it will help.

"Bought it last year. It was having a problem the last few weeks going downhill. Kind of skipping. Then last week going down the hill it just gave out. Wouldn't go forward or backward. I pulled the battery out and drive belts seemed to have tension."
"I looked online and someone said to put in highest gear in neutral to reset it and that's when it went forward no matter in neutral or reverse"

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Skpping and after the reset sounds like the shift collar and the gears have rounded the edges and are not longer locking together. If purchased last year then still under warranty, and MTD service center will need to get involved to replace or repair the tranny under warranty.