Craftsman self propelled, 917.376060

kkempker

Forum Newbie
Threads
My in-laws have a craftsman self propelled, front drive mower, 917.376060. The self propel works, but not very well. Tonight I took the cover off and it had all kinds of grass and clippings under the plastic housing and around the belt. The right wheel does the majority of the "pulling" if you want to call it that. The left turns when you lift the front wheels off the ground, but as soon as you put it on the ground, it stops. The mower isn't that old +/- 5 years, FIL says he's replaced the wheel once already. While I haven't taken the wheels off yet to compare the grooves, is there a way I can adjust the drive control on this thing? I'm not seeing how I can, but who knows. Any help would be great.

They are close to 70 and I honestly can't believe the cut grass with this thing. I struggle myself using it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most likely no adjustment. Grass buildup can cause problems with slippage. Since one wheel pulls and the other doesn't, I suspect that the grooves in the wheel are worn and not grabbing the drive sprocket.