Craftsman riding lawnmower

tylertown

Threads
I have a craftsman riding lawnmower built in 2009 and I am planning on purchasing a new mower very soon,
At this time I am looking at either a craftsman or a Cub cadet .
Can anyone tell me who made the mower I have?
Also, has anyone had problems with the steering mechanism on the craftsman. With the very low turn radius the steering rods and connections have to be highly stressed in my opinion.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Need the model number, first three numbers tell who made it I think. Most steering mechanisms are built pretty cheap these days, need a lot of maintenance to keep it like it should be. In the lower priced mowers these days there isn't a lot of difference in build quality between brands seems like.

tylertown

Threads
Need the model number, first three numbers tell who made it I think. Most steering mechanisms are built pretty cheap these days, need a lot of maintenance to keep it like it should be. In the lower priced mowers these days there isn't a lot of difference in build quality between brands seems like.
T240

dougand3

Threads
Need the model # from under the seat. 247.xxxxxx or 917.xxxxxx. May be 13Axxxxxxx on later models - that normally means MTD.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe the 240 is made by MTD. And I would really avoid turning real sharp to get the 5" radius, seems like that would be hard on everything.